Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Mud Month...

February is the second month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. It is the shortest month and the only month with fewer than 30 days. The month has 29 days in leap years, when the year number is divisible by four (except for years that are divisible by 100 and not by 400 in the Gregorian calendar). In common years the month has 28 days. (God, ya gotta love math!)

I had to slip it in!
Mickey, Newman and Sweet Pea
(No, I don't iron slipcovers...are you nutty?)
~
Historical names for February include the Anglo-Saxon term Solmonath (mud month).
~
HAPPY MUD MONTH!!!

Additionally:
1. If you plan to sow your plants from seed, and your target date for outdoor planting is May, you'll need to start some varieties in February.
2. Take advantage of February's occasional warm spring-like day to prune late-summer blooming trees and shrubs. (Keep your grubby little hands off the ones that are about to bloom, prune them later!)
3. Fix fences. Clean pots. Organize your shed. Hire someone to do the housework so you won't have to.
~
Special thanks to Mary Engelbreit's Gardener's Journal for the tips!
~
This was supposed to be at the Wild Onion. I screwed up!
~
XO to all ;)

8 comments:

Megan said...

I was gonna say - what the heck is up with you and so many posts lately???

Gawd I wish I had a garden and could start thinking about what to plant in it.

The Onion does need an update...

Suzanne said...

What the hell are you doing up? As a matter-a-fact, what the hell am I doing up?

Me and so many posts. I got alot to say baby!!!!! I'll get it all out then go on vacation. Not a real vacation, just a "I'VE GOT TOO MUCH TO DO IN THE DAMN GARDEN" vacation. And because you don't have a little plot to tend, I'll reserve a special place in my back 40 for you. What would you like me to plant? (Make it cheap...the economy sucks!)

You are correct my dear woman, the Onion does need an update and this was supposed to be it. What the hell's wrong with your fingers? You're still a contributing member the last I looked.

Okay, I'm off to address my fans on my previous post (this one kinda screwed everything up), so I'll be chatting with you again soon!!!

XO

Megan said...

I have a nice mental picture of Blottie covered in mud...

I'm still kinda scared of posting at The Onion. Which is stupid because why would anyone care what kind of nonsense we get up to over there?

But I'm still a bit shy about it...

Suzanne said...

Megan, knock it off. We're the simplest freakin' crowd you'll ever meet, so take a chance!!! Honestly, I think we just love everything! Type in the word "Pimple." You'll get like 48 damn comments!!! We just sort of wing it and love it. We're easy/breezy! It's just a fun, creative place to chat, so just let lose and have fun. You're such a funny, smart chick...I can't imagine a nose dive!

Oh, and honey, Blottie doesn't do mud! But I'll tell you a funny story! On the east coast you have "Mud Season!" I lived with mud season for 18 years. You never get used to having your boot sucked right off your foot! No really, ask Bob! At least he still has his socks.

Love you. XO ;)

Walker said...

It may be mud month somehwere but if you want to sow seeds around here in April or May youbetter bring a jackhammer.

Karen ^..^ said...

I like it here better, actually. Goes better with the Rose cottage theme. Love it.

I was out of the blogosphere for a few days and came back to 4 posts you have written. I was ecstatic!

I'm sorry Ive been bad about commenting, or answering comments lately, but life has been busy. I'll be better, I promise.

disa said...

成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀